From The Verbier massage specialists, what is massage and why should you have one?
Updated: Jan 18
Here at The Verbier Touch we are known for our expert led massage therapy, developed and refined over 20 years to create an unrivalled treatment. Massage therapy at The Verbier Touch is performed by experienced physiotherapists who utilise various techniques and styles of massage, for example; sports massage, deep tissue massage, and lymphatic drainage massage to get you moving and feeling better.
Massage is a form of therapy that involves the manipulation of soft tissues, such as muscles, tendons, and ligaments, to help improve physical and mental well-being,
so why not give it a go?
Why should I have a massage?
Not only do massages feel incredible they also provide a vast number of benefits to your mental and physical wellbeing; So, what are some of the benefits to having a massage?
1) Relax tense muscles and reduce pain, particularly in people with conditions such as fibromyalgia or chronic low back pain.
2) Improve blood flow and circulation throughout the body, which can help to nourish and oxygenate the tissues and organs.
3) Promote relaxation and reduce stress and anxiety, including improving your quality of sleep.
4) Improve flexibility and range of motion in the joints, which can be particularly helpful for people who are recovering from an injury or surgery.
5) Improve overall well-being by boosting the immune system and promoting feelings of calm and relaxation.
Which style of massage should I chose?
There are many different types of massage, each with its own set of techniques and benefits. Some common types of massage include:
1) Swedish massage: This is the most common type of massage, and it involves the use of long strokes, kneading, and circular movements on the top layers of muscles. Swedish massage is designed to promote relaxation, increase circulation, and improve flexibility. We adapt a lot of Swedish massage techniques into our signature sports and relaxation massage at The Verbier Touch.
2) Deep tissue massage: This type of massage focuses on the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue. It is often used to treat chronic muscle tension and injuries, such as strains and sprains. Deep tissue massage can be more intense than a sports massage, and it may involve the use of deeper pressure and slower strokes.
3) Sports massage: This type of massage is specifically designed for athletes and active individuals. It can help to prevent injuries, reduce muscle soreness, and improve performance. Sports massage may include techniques such as stretching, compression, and trigger point therapy.
Massage Therapy has a large evidence base supporting its use in optimising overall wellbeing and comes highly recommended by some of the World’s most successful people.
Why not give us a call and try one of our unrivalled massages here at The Verbier Touch?
We look forward to helping you move and feel better.
The Verbier Touch team